Here are a few things you will need:
2 – 3 strong & undeniable singles. There’s no need to make a full album, or even a 6-song EP… who’s waiting on it? Honestly. No need to rush a full project. All it takes is 1 good song that people love. You’ll have all the time in the world, to create more. Just try to keep it simple for now. Get 3 made, and move forward with 1. Check out Fivestar Beats Facebook Page for help with this.
- 1 professional video to one of those singles. This is just as important as the song.. Just like songs have components that need to be in place (melody, production, lyrics, mix, etc.), videos are the same. So working with a well-established director is crucial here.
- A website. This will be your central hub. There are things to put in place here such as a mailing list, music, your story (for those that are interested), videos, live feed of all of your social media accounts. However, you don’t want to give them TOO many options… at this point, it’s about the music, not you (I will explain further later in this email).
- A photo-shoot. These are less popular these days… it’s a bit too Hollywood. However, you will definitely need some photos for artwork for your singles.
- Social Media Makoever. Basically just line it up with your brand, and maybe one of your songs. You want all of your social profiles to be cohesive.
- Complete Digital Distribution Setup. A company called Tunecore can do this for you for a small fee. They basically get your music on iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, Shazam, Amazon, etc.